Sunday, July 23, 2017

Current Favorite Summer Foundation

Oh, foundation. I love you. I hate you.

I love that the right foundation can create an even canvas for experimentation, bring some life to my chronically dull and dry complexion, give me a lifelike appearance when I crawl out of bed like a creature from the Walking Dead.

But it almost never actually happens that way. I've spent years trying to find the right fit. It seems like the best I can hope for is a shade close enough that when you look at my entire body, it blends, but taken in with just my face and neck in view is noticeably just a little . . . off.

I have done the undertone tests, tried to figure out which clothing colors suit my complexion to give me some insight, asked professionals. According to the tests, if I don't fall one way or the other between warm and cool undertones, I should be a neutral undertone. Unfortunately, on me most neutral foundations skew gray.

If a color seems to work, it doesn't necessarily mean the texture will. Dewy foundations turn matte in a heartbeat. And the very worst is when I fall in love for three, four days only to have my heart broken when a previously radiant foundation suddenly changes its look on me. 

What's to be done? I'm thinking about trying a customizable shade, such as Prescriptives offers. I'll chronicle the experience if I go that route. Currently, I'm sticking with sheer formulations that have a degree of forgiveness. A few of my favorites are show below. And as soon as a new foundation is released, you can guarantee I'll be there testing it out full of starry eyed hope - so stay tuned for reviews!

For those with similar issues, what solutions have you come across?


Bare Minerals COMPLEXION RESCUE™ Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream




Wearing bareMinerals Complexion Rescue in shade Dune


From the website:

A multitasking gel cream that combines hydrating skin care benefits with naturally radiant coverage. 

What it is formulated to do: 
- Mineral-based formulation that combines the best of a BB, a CC, and a tinted moisturizer to provide increased skin hydration after just one week 
- Features SPF 30 sun protection 

Get powerful hydration and healthy-looking coverage with this versatile cream. The best of a BB, CC, and a tinted moisturizer, COMPLEXION RESCUE™ is formulated with olive-derived squalane, marine botanicals, hydrating humectants trehalose and glycerin, and coconut-derived ingredients to replenish, hydrate, nourish, and condition. While unique water-encapsulations give skin that instant burst of hydration. Your skin will love you for this. 

This versatile cream achieves dewy, sheer-to-medium coverage to give skin a radiant, soft, and smooth-looking appearance. Formulated with mineral electrolytes to help energize skin, the marine botanicals help to replenish dry skin. It contains heart-leaf globe daisy, an antioxidant which aids in protecting against environmental stressors—improving the appearance of skin while keeping it hydrated. 



Tarte Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 Sunscreen




From the website: 

- Lightweight, oil-free moisturizer blends easily into your skin without clogging pores, while micro-treated mineral pigments diffuse the look of fine lines and wrinkles for an even, natural-looking finish 

- Features SPF 20 sun protection 
- Comes in 10 shades 

Infused with skin-balancing Amazonian clay and chamomile, vitamins A, C, and E, and sodium hyaluronate, this multitasking, tinted moisturizer hydrates, brightens, treats, and protects skin from UV rays and free radical damage with SPF 20. It offers lightweight, buildable coverage, making it easy to achieve a flawless complexion. 



What foundations have you been loving lately?

- Taylor












No comments:

Post a Comment