Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Bobbi Brown 5-in-1 Essential Face Palette - Review and Swatches





I'm always on the lookout for perfect combination products, and I recently picked up what seems to be a holy grail palette for travel - the Bobbi Brown 5-in-1 Essential Face Palette. It has every base product you could need to create a flawless canvas! The palette is a Nordstrom exclusive, and it just launched online and in stores for $65 (a $135 value). A bargain for what you get, if you ask me. 

 This baby includes the following Bobbi Brown products:

  • Corrector
  • Creamy Concealer
  • Skin Foundation Stick
  • Sheer Finish Pressed Powder
  • Bronzing Powder

The description on the Nordstrom website reads:

'Great for travel and touch-ups, this coordinated, five-in-one face palette contains all the products you need to perfect the look of your skin. Bobbi's Corrector brightens and neutralizes undereye discoloration, while her Creamy Concealer lightens and evens out the skin tone beneath your eyes. Skin Foundation Stick provides a seamless, natural, skin-like finish; Sheer Finish Pressed Powder sets makeup for all-day wear; and Bronzing Powder provides a touch of flattering warmth.'

This is offered in nine shades - 01 Porcelain, 02 Warm Ivory, 03 Sand, 04 Beige, 05 Warm Beige, 06 Natural, 07 Natural Tan, 08 Honey, and 10 Warm Almond. The shade refers to the stick foundation included in the palette, and the corrector and concealer vary to match. If you're familiar with Bobbi Brown's foundation range, you'll note that these shades are universal across the line between her stick foundation and liquid makeup. 

See below for my experience, swatches and pictures!

Packaging:




I was matched in-store to 04 Beige, and I'm testing out the color match currently - I feel like it pulls way too yellow on me, as you can see below in the pictures.

I've worn 06 Natural in the Skin Foundation before, but that tends to be a bit more sheer so the color selection is more forgiving than an opaquely pigmented product like this stick foundation. I will probably end up exchanging for a different shade, but I can tell that the quality of the palette is stellar!


Inside the box:




The box includes a step-by-step instruction card for 'How To Get Perfect Skin', along with a handy diagram of where each product is in the palette. 


Inside of palette and swatches:

Top row, left to right: Light Bisque Corrector, Beige Creamy Concealer, Beige Skin Foundation Stick
Bottom row, left to right: Sheer Finish Pressed Powder, Bronzing Powder

My palette is in shade 04 Beige, which includes these shades: Light Bisque Corrector, Beige Creamy Concealer and Beige Skin Foundation Stick


Left to right: Beige Skin Foundation Stick, Light Bisque Corrector, Beige Creamy Concealer, Sheer Finish Pressed Powder, Bronzing Powder

Left to right: Beige Skin Foundation Stick, Light Bisque Corrector, Beige Creamy Concealer, Sheer Finish Pressed Powder, Bronzing Powder

 Before and after pictures:

No makeup, indoors

Bobbi Brown 5-in-1 Essential Palette on left side, bare face on right

Outdoor, indirect light; wearing palette on left side

Outdoor, indirect light; wearing palette on left side, no makeup on right side


Final impressions - 

I really liked this palette in terms of functionality. The products are great quality and I found them to be good, easy staples for a quick flawless face routine. I do not believe that this is a good shade match for me, but I'll be exchanging because I'm in love with this overall!

One note - I have skin on the drier side, and I noticed that I really needed to moisturize and prime with a hydrating formula to give this the glowy finish I prefer and to minimize caking. I would be aware of that if you have similar skin!

Also, a cool feature of the palette is that all pans are removable - they click into place, so theoretically you could switch out as necessary!

Overall, I am a big fan, and I think this is a great investment if you can find a good shade match. 



What do you think of Bobbi Brown's new face palette? Let me know!

- Taylor






No comments:

Post a Comment