Sunday, August 20, 2017

Limited Edition Burberry Beauty Box Review and Swatches



This distinctly fall-toned set has me swooning big time - just take a look at the lovely warm red and brown shades. This gives off a total classic beauty vibe, complete with Burberry's Cat Lashes mascara. I can confirm that this mascara lives up to the hype. All in all, I look at this set and think, "Come at me, glamour!"

You know how I feel about value sets, and this offering is no exception. Burberry's beauty line is luxurious in quality and scent, and the price point matches that level of luxury. So when I see a gem like this come around, I do not pass it by. This limited edition set includes four products (click on link for full size of each):






Let's break this down - full size prices per product are as follows: the Light Glow blush is $42 for .24 oz, the Cat Lashes mascara is $30 for .20 oz, the Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid base is 1 oz for $48, and the Burberry Kisses lipstick is $44 for .11 oz. That gives us a total of 1.55 oz of product for $164 at full price. 

This set, on the other hand, gives you .405 oz of product. At a price of $35. That's over 1/4 of the product at about 1/5 of the price, and for a sampling of multiple items from the line! Completely worth it. In addition, Burberry's blush has a faintly floral scent that is just divine, if you're into that sort of thing (I am). 

Now on to the good stuff - pictures and swatches!


Burberry Light Glow Natural Blush in Dark Earthy No. 11 - 

This blush is very neutral in tone, and reviews I've read mention that this is great for contouring. It doesn't have that warm orange tone that you want to avoid for contouring purposes - this is a light to medium brown shade with a hint of gray. Full disclosure, I've been using this as an eyeshadow and loving it for that purpose! This is perfect for a quick daytime eye - just put a bit in the crease and bam, defined eyes. 


Facing indirect sunlight

Facing away from sunlight

Burberry Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid Base in Nude Radiance and Cat Lashes Mascara in Jet Black - 

I've actually purchased a full sized bottle of the Luminous Fluid Base before, and it is just lovely for prepping the skin for a dewy foundation look. This has a very subtle, healthy looking shimmer that blends right in to the skin without looking like a disco ball. When I use it, my skin looks extra moisturized. Love this, and the size that comes in the kit is perfect for travel!

The Cat Lashes mascara is a recent release, and from what I've seen it's getting rave reviews. When I used this, I noticed extreme lengthening of my lashes but not a ton of volume. The definition was perfect, however, and that seems to be more of what this mascara is aiming for. Easy, non-clumpy doe-eyed glamour can be found here! This will be going into my daily rotation. 

    
Fresh Glow Luminous Base in Nude Radiance, Cat Lashes in Jet Black

Burberry Kisses Lipstick in Russet - 

This shade is fall in a nutshell. It's photographing a little more on the true red side, but in reality it has a clearly visible warm undertone and comes across as a brownish-red. Makes me want to jump around in colorful piles of autumn leaves, possibly while wearing a plaid scarf. I didn't have anything like this in my stash - this shade is truly unique, but I believe it would be universally flattering!





Swatches:

The fluid base is difficult to photograph, but you can see the slight sheen it gives to the skin. We aren't looking for obvious sparkle here, so this is a good thing! 


Direct sunlight, bottom to top: Burberry Light Glow Blush in Dark Earthy No. 11, Burberry Kisses Lipstick in Russet, Luminous Fluid Base in 02 Nude Radiance

Direct sunlight, left to right: Burberry Light Glow Blush in Dark Earthy No. 11, Burberry Kisses Lipstick in Russet, Luminous Fluid Base in 02 Nude Radiance

Indirect sunlight, left to right: Burberry Light Glow Blush in Dark Earthy No. 11, Burberry Kisses Lipstick in Russet, Luminous Fluid Base in 02 Nude Radiance




Wearing items from Burberry Beauty Box:

I'm wearing Dark Earthy on eyes, the Luminous Fluid Base dotted on cheekbones, and Russet on lips. First two pictures are in direct sunlight, third is in the shade. 










I'm in love! I would classify this as a must-buy, if only for the fact that the quality is so dang good and it only comes around once a year. 

You can purchase from Sephora here

Do you have any questions, or favorites from Burberry's beauty line? Comment and let me know!


- Taylor

















No comments:

Post a Comment